Oct 7, 2020
The Armorer herself, the great Emily Swallow, from The Mandalorian, is on the show today. "This is the way."
It was so great to be able to dive deep into her instantly iconic performance. We talk all about what it was like to work in The Volume, be directed by Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow and Taika Waititi, and the influences and experiences she brought to her portrayal. More topics include:
- Bringing the Armorer to life with previous mask work / mime work experience
- Kurosawa's influence on both her character and the Mando set
- Breaking the news to her about the Armorer's Black Series toy
- The (surprise) Season 2 trailer voiceover
- And what exactly a blacksmith advisor was doing on on set!
It is always so appreciated if you can leave a 5-star review of the show right here on your favorite podcast app, or on Podchaser: podchaser.com/TalkingBay94
Transcripts of previous episodes are starting to become available over at talkingbay94.com, which I hope will serve as a resource.
For the rest of October, we have some incredible guests lined up: pre-production wizard David Dozoretz, the geniuses at BLIND LTD, and author of the infamous but beloved Glove of Darth Vader series: Paul Davids.